Colors I Love

A question was posed on Sisterhood of Scrap today: what's your favorite color and what does it say about you?

There is no simple answer to that as I love many colors. In my former life as an art teacher, the color theory unit was one of my favorites to teach. I could go on for days and days about the science of color and I had loads of exploratory assignments featuring the color wheel! My students didn't always share my love though! I am fascinated by how color works and the magic that happens when colors combine. I love to play with color - paint, paper, crayons, markers, fabric etc. That is probably ONE of the reasons I love scrapbooking and all the yummy products that go along with it!
My closet has some clues as to my favorites. Let's see...no yellow, no orange, a few items in red. A lot of black and brown. But mostly I favour all the cool colors...blues, teals, greens, and even some purples. Calm, cool and collected I like to think! If you had to pin me down to one favorite color though, I'd probably have to pick turquoise. It's rich and deep and lush and exotic - all at the same time!
And what does my favorite color say about me? According to this site, I am complex, imaginative and original. I don't know about that. I just know my eyes look prettier when I wear turquoise!

You can visit these sites to have lots of fun with color:

Kuler - an application by adobe that lets you create and save all sorts of color schemes. Check out the ones I made here. (Hmmm...when I look at these themes there are a lot of variations on aqua and turquoise! Go figure!)

Big Huge Labs - which is part of Flickr and lets you do some really neat things with your photos. I love the Palette Generator which looks at a photo and gives you swatches of colors that match the photo! How cool for use scrapbookers, eh? Here's an example:


On a much different note...did you see the announcement about Simple Scrapbooks Magazine? The May/June issue will be the last. I love Simple Scrapbooks and I will miss seeing it in my mailbox, but they said that the simple philosophy will "live on" in Creating Keepsakes. Oh well...time to move on, eh?
Happy Scrapping!
Noreen

Comments

  1. Turquoise is nice, but I don't look good in it :-) Thanks for posting all those color links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turquoise is blue GREEN!! I like it alot.
    TFS

    have a scrappy day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts