Easy Masculine Cards

I have a few occasions coming up that I needed some masculine cards for, but when I checked my stash I didn't have any, so it was definitely time to create a few!



I was also looking for an excuse to break open the new Uncharted Collection from Creative Memories. These vintage travel themed papers, stickers, slide-in cards and embellishments are muted in color, and filled with images of maps, planes, cameras and tags - perfect for travel of course, but also fitting for more masculine layouts, projects and cards.

I was looking at one of the three sticker sheets and the strip with the planes with the banners furled out behind them caught me eye. I knew I could write a sentiment on the banner, and there were three planes, so I figured I'd make three cards! I quickly chose a neutral map patterned paper as well as one with an overall design of tiny planes to use in addition to the stickers.




The cards were simple to make:

1) Cut three card bases to 8.5" x 5.5", score and fold in half.

2) Cut a 5" wide strip from the map paper, then cut that apart at 4" intervals, yielding three 4" x 5" pieces.

3) Cut a 1.5" x 12" strip from the plane paper. Cut it at 4" intervals to yield three 1.5" x 4" strips. Snip a triangle out from the bottom of each strip to form a banner.

4) Cut the sticker strip with the planes on in into three pieces in between the banner and the next plane.



5) Assemble all card pieces as shown in the picture and add any sentiment and final embellishments! (I used the Black Dual-Tip pen to write a different sentiment on each card, and added three gems from the embellishment pack underneath. Note that the surface of the sticker is a bit slick, so do allow time for the ink to dry to avoid smudging. Alternatively, use a permanent marker!)



Hope you get a chance to make some of these easy cards for the men in your life!
Happy crafting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts