September 1-2-3 Sketch and Layout


What a whirlwind of a month September was - I started back to work after a year-long Sabbatical, designed and published the Harvest Delight 1-2-3 Layout Guide, traveled to Australia to teach at an event for Creative Memories Advisors, then came home to teach at two local events. And despite my best efforts to stay healthy through it all, I am now fighting a yucky, cough and sore throat and, have lost my voice. Sigh. That is why, dear friends, there is no process video for the 1-2-3 Sketch and Layout this month. (But, I took lots of pictures while creating the layout, so I'm sure you'll do just fine without the video!)

I really enjoyed playing with the Harvest Delight Collection from Creative Memories this month... the colors are a little unexpected with the additional of the beautiful teal and aqua colors, and the icons and imagery are cozy and pretty. And I especially love the paper I used in this month's 1-2-3 layout that features a hydrangea pattern on one side and a teal chevron pattern on the other.



As you probably know by now, my 1-2-3 Sketches and Layouts are a great way to get photos onto pages FAST! You only need ONE piece of double-sided patterned paper, TWO pieces of Cardstock (or Album Pages) for the base of your layout, and we'll make the entire layout with only THREE cuts! The sketch this month includes spaces for SIX photos, but you could probably squeeze a couple more in if needed.


You can get a free copy of this sketch along with the cutting guide and a photo of the finished sample layout in the OCM shop here, but let me walk through the process of creating this easy but pretty layout.

1) Punch two borders with the Original Border Maker System and the Simple Leaf Chain Border Maker Cartridge from one edge of the hydrangea paper.


 2) Measure and mark the centre on the remaining piece of paper. 



3) Cut paper lengthwise in half along the mark you made. You'll now have two border strips about 1" wide each, and two larger strips, measuring about 5" x 12".



4) Place the large strips along the outside edges of both base pages, with the borders beside them, overlapping them slightly if you like. You can choose which side of the strips and borders you want showing...the teal chevrons or the hydrangeas. I personally liked the hydrangeas!




5) Adhere strips and borders to base pages, leaving the lower and upper outside corners free from adhesive. Fold those corners up or down to create a triangle. I folded mine about 3". (Tip: use a ruler so you know how much to fold down the opposite corner.) Once you are happy with the size of your triangles, crease firmly and adhere.




6) Add your photos, or in my case, photo mats. Instead of using cardstock, this time I cut another patterned paper from the Harvest Delight Paper Pack into six 4" x 6" photo mats and adhered them to the layout following the sketch. When I'm ready to add photos I will trim them down slightly to 3.75" x 5.75". I love the pop of red that these photo mats provide!


7) For the title, I chose one of the Harvest Delight Variety Mat Cards that said "Harvest Time" and trimmed it down so the words would be centred. Then I punched four more leaves with the Simple Leaf Chain Border Maker Cartridge from the leftover card...an easy and cost-effective way to create custom embellishments to tie the layout together! I used these leaves to build my embellishment clusters with some Harvest Delight stickers and gems over the seam of each triangle.




I love the finished layout...it feels sooo cozy, and I can't wait to add photos that showcase all our Fall family fun! Here's a look at the finished layout and a couple more details:





Don't forget to head over to the OCM shop to download your FREE printable handout with the sketch, cutting guide and instructions! And if you like this layout, you'll love the Harvest Delight 1-2-3 Layout Guide that features SIX new 1-2-3 Layouts made with six of the Harvest Delight papers and the coordinating sticker pack! I just can't get enough of this collection! Love love love!

(All Creative Memories products featured are available through me or my Canadian personal CM website)


Happy Fall y'all, and Happy Scrapping!


Comments

  1. I absolutely love this - might be my all time favorite 1-2-3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I cant wait to try it! Thank You Noreen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely layout. I really like the background paper color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this layout, Noreen! And maybe I DO "need" that Simple Leaf BMC after all! At first it didn’t appeal to me, but I’ve seen some pretty cute things done with it. And I can use the discards as fish skeletons on my kitty pages! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts