"Frost" December 1-2-3 Sketch & Layout!


Hello friends! I've got one last 1-2-3 sketch and layout for you before 2018 is over! This month I'm working with the beautiful Frost Collection by Creative Memories - a gorgeous winter-themed collection of Papers and Stickers with a coordinating Album Cover! I love the color palette of blues and white with the neutral beige and bronze tones...it will be perfect for all your winter, holiday and outdoor layouts!

As with all my 1-2-3 Sketches and Layouts, you only need ONE piece of double-sided patterned paper, TWO pieces of Cardstock (or Album Pages) and we'll make the entire layout with only THREE cuts! I'm continuing on an angled theme this month with some large triangles that create a dynamic diagonal shape on the layout. Here's the sketch:


To make these large diagonal shapes you will probably need to cut them out the old-fashioned way with a ruler, pencil and scissors. It may take you an extra couple of minutes, but the results will be worth it! And although you can download the free handout with the sketch, cutting guide and instructions in the OCM shop, I highly recommend you take a peek at the video below so you know how these slightly different cuts work...but go grab a coffee or hot chocolate first, then sit back and enjoy!


Here's a closer look at the finished layout:


As you saw in the video, I spliced together four bronze borders punched with the Winter Wine Decorative Border Punch to make them long enough to cover the seam between the two different paper patterns. I mounted one of the Frost Stickers onto a scrap of the same Bronze Shimmer Cardstock for the title, and added the pretty snowflake stickers using Foam Squares for a little added dimension. Later I'll add my photos to the mats that I cut from Navy Cardstock, and I'll do my journaling in the blank space under the two photos on the left hand side of the layout.

I hope you give this 1-2-3 a try! Don't forget to download your free printable handout with the sketch, cutting guide and instructions here!

I'll be continuing the 1-2-3 Sketches and Layouts throughout 2019, but if you're looking for MORE inspiration, check out the other printable Layout Guides in the OCM Shop, or consider joining us for the Scrap-Your-Stash 2019 online course! There'll be new EXCLUSIVE sketches, and lots of inspiration for using up your piles of paper and other scrapbook supplies each month! You can find all the info and register here. I hope you join us!


Here's wishing you a wonderful holiday season!

Happy Scrapping!

Comments

  1. Thank you for making these wonderful layout videos! I'm new to scrapbooking, and I asked someone where she got her ideas for pages. She suggested scrapbook sketches. Your 1-2-3 tutorials are so much fun and quick to make. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts