Storytime - April 2019 1-2-3 Scrapbook Sketch and Layout!


Hi everyone...I've got the April 1-2-3 sketch, layout and video for you today!  This month I'm working with the new Storytime Collection by Creative Memories which is prefect for baby boys AND girls, and will work to document their toddler years and childhood memories, too! In my 1-2-3 layout this month I featured the versatile Blush Lattice/Green Dots paper from the Paper Pack, and used some Stickers and Embellishments. The collection also has two wonderful Album Covers and Gift Sets that would make the perfect gift for any new mama, too!

You are probably familiar with my 1-2-3 Sketches and Layouts by now: you will need ONE piece of double-sided patterned paper, TWO pieces of Cardstock (or Album Pages) for the base of your layout, and we'll make the entire layout with only THREE cuts! This month I've included spaces for up to SEVEN photos but you can always squeeze in an extra one, or substitute a Variety Mat Card or Journaling box in place of one of the photos. Here is the sketch:



I filmed a video tutorial for you to show you how easy it is to get these great diagonal pieces with just three cuts, and gives some hints about photo mats. Relax and take a look:


And here's a look at the final layout and details:


After cutting and adhering the diagonal strips onto White Cardstock I added my photos which I trimmed down slightly to fit onto the standard sized photos mats cut from Navy Cardstock. I cut up one of the aqua and navy heart border stickers into smaller strips and placed them onto the blush triangles and strips for a little contrasting detail. Three easy embellishment clusters and some handwritten journaling finish off the layout. Easy, fast and fun! (All Creative Memories products featured are available through me or my personal CM website!)





I hope you try this month's layout...you can download the FREE printable handout with the sketch, cutting guide and instructions here!

Make sure to subscribe to the blog so you don't miss the next 1-2-3 Sketch and Layout next month. If you are looking for some MORE 1-2-3 inspiration, check out my E-book and lots of other printable Layout Guides in the OCM Shop,. 

It's also not too late to join me and over 250 other scrappers for the Scrap-Your-Stash 2019 online course where you'll receive new EXCLUSIVE sketches every month! You can find all the info and register here. I hope you join us!


Happy Scrapping!

Comments

Popular Posts