December Daily Freebies!

Halloween was just a couple of days ago, but already many of us are thinking ahead and getting ready for Christmas. There are so many events and activities that happen in the days and weeks leading up to Christmas and it goes by so fast. That's why this year I am so excited to create a December Daily Album. The project is the brainchild of the inspirational Ali Edwards who has been leading countless scrappers through the project for the past couple of years. It is designed to help us capture and record those fleeting, special moments that are as important as the actual day of Christmas. (For more information, background and details of this great project, click here to visit Ali's December Daily 2009 kickoff post.)

This is the first year I am doing a December Daily so I thought a lot about the format I wanted to use and how I could make the album manageable. I decided to do an 8 x 8 album and to use variations on a basic sketch. This would enable me to use two standard sized (4 x 6 and 4 x 4) photos per day, easily add journaling and keep embellishments and products easy to add and very cohesive. If you would like an easy format to use for your own album, feel free to download these sketches.

Four December Daily Sketches 2 - Page 001Once I had decided on the format, I started to think about the products and elements I would use to create interest and harmony throughout the album. I really liked one of the date circles Ali used in her 2008 album, so I set out to create some of my own date circles. Although the album technically encompasses December 1st through the 25th, I decided to make date circles for all 31 days in December, as well as a few word and icon circles.

december daily dates - Page 001december daily dates - Page 002

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The nice thing is is that even though the circles are red, they don't specifically scream "Christmas", so you can use them for so many other projects. I think they will be great for an Advent calendar I want to make and I can see using a date here and there on a scrapbook page or one of the word circles on a card. And since I am on a freebie roll, I have made them into a PDF file so that you can download them and use them for YOUR December Daily album or any other projects you concieve of. Just download, print and cut out the circles to use in all your paper crafting projects. (Note: Each circle measured 1.5 inches in diameter, so if you have a 1.5" circle punch you can make quick work of it!)
For December Daily Sketches, click HERE.

For December Daily Date Circles - Page 1, click HERE.

For December Daily Date Circles - Page 2, click HERE.

In the next few days I will post my album pages. And you know we would love to see what YOU create, so email us a pic or a link to your creation. ENJOY!

December Daily Printables are copyright Sharing Memories Scrapbooking 2009. They are for your personal use and enjoyment only - not for commercial use, sale or re-sale. Thank you.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the freebies. Can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent plan for both Christmas and,
    like you suggested, other events.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so awesome -- thank you! I was going to make some date circles for myself in Photoshop Elements -- you've just saved me a bushel of time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much... did this project last year but it was pretty hit or miss... this year I'm going to try to set up ahead and I know it will be much easier. Your number circles are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the freebies! I am currently trying to find numbers for my December Daily album, so this will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! These numbers are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sketch idea. I think I will try that for next year (this years book is already put together). Thanks for the freebie print outs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] 1 through 24 - like our FREE December Daily Date Circles) or an assortment of rub-ons, stickers or chipboard [...]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merci pour le partage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. [...] this card Michelle made use of one of our free printables from last fall – our December Daily Circles! Why not copy this idea using a number “14″ for a Valentine day [...]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts