Working with 6x6 Papers - Hocus Pocus

Despite the recent dump of snow that makes it feel more like winter than fall, we are getting into the Halloween spirit around here! The boys have decided on their costumes (Darth Maul & Ironman, thank-you-very-much), and I have started to put up the Halloween decorations. With Halloween on my mind I thought I would break out Creative Memories new Limited Edition Halloween Products and play a little bit.
 
 

A few ladies at our recent all-day crop mentioned that they loved the Hocus Pocus Stack Pack papers and the matching Hocus Pocus Layered Stickers, but were somewhat intimidated by the pack's 6 x6 size. They asked me how they would use the papers on their layouts when they were so small? I told them to think of their "scrapbooker's math"...a 12 x 12 page is easily divisible by 2's, 3's, 4's and 6's! I thought maybe it would be helpful to share a few ideas how you can use these little gems in your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects. I've got a couple of layout ideas for you today and will share a decorating project and some cards later this week.

Here's one way you could use 6 x 6 paper when you are working on a 12 x 12 layout. First I created the base for my layout by placing four different but complimentary 6 x 6 papers on top of Black Cardstock as my base. Staggering the 6 x 6 sheets gives me 8 places to "house" the various elements of my page.



Next, fill up all eight spaces. I decided to use six spaces for photos, leaving two spaces for the title and journaling. Since I wanted to see the patterns on the papers, I cropped a couple of the photos down to about 4 x 5. The remaining 4 x 6 photos sometimes overlapped into other spaces. Notice that I lined up the edges of any overlapping photos across the two page spread - this helps to draw the eye across the entire layout. I added die-cut banner and hexagon shapes to the last two spaces. (Yes, the first four sheets of the pack are actually die cuts...there are lots of words, frames, shapes that you can use in addition to the papers themselves!)



Finally, I finished the layout off with a title made from some (very old) CM letter stickers from my stash, a few word die-cuts and the black cat and spider/web die-cuts from the stack pack. I journaled with black and white pens and then used the white pen to add stitch marks to the black squares and faux bows between the banner die-cuts.



Here is another 12 x 12 layout - this time a single page. This one was scraplifted from this great layout at CM's Project Center:



To start, I used two pieces of identical 6 x 6 papers and lined them up on my Gold Cardstock base. Photos of Grayson and two buddies from three years ago own were placed on top of the papers and slightly off centre on an angle.

The new Rustic Fence Border Maker Cartridge on Black Cardstock made a quick fence and the Pumpkin Chain Border Maker Cartridge produced several sweet row of pumpkins from Gold, Carrot and Green Apple Cardstock!

I cut the large pumpkin from CM's Cheerful Seasons Cricut Cartridge (at size 3.5) from the Gold, Carrot and Green Apple cardstock scraps, and used that as my journaling box.

The title was also cut from the Cheerful Seasons Cartridge using the Basic Font at size 1.5.

Here's my take on the above layout:



If you like these Halloween products, you'll want to order them right away before they are gone! Creative Memories is moving to offer seasonal products for a limited time only. They will be available only while supplies last or until the end of the campaign (October 31st). This is to eliminate stocking products long after the seasonal celebration is over. This will be the way they offer their Christmas products as well this year...the new line will launch November 1st and will ONLY be available while supplies last (WSL) or until the end of the campaign (December 31st). After that, they're GONE! (And you don't want to miss out on this years amazing products, believe me!)

But I'm getting ahead of myself...let's get Halloween over first! How are YOUR Halloween projects coming along? As I mentioned I'm working on a few more featuring this stack pack, so be sure to check back in a couple of days to check them out!

Comments

  1. Love the 2 page layout you did with the 6x6 papers!! The end result is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts