First Design Team Layout for SIWAS!



I am so excited - today there is new reveal over at Scrap It With A Song and it's my first time up as one of the Rock Chicks Design Team!

The song this week was Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This"... her first single from waaaaay back when she won American Idol! And even though the song is perfect for a romantic themed layout (which is our theme this month at SIWAS), I knew it would be a great song to use as inspiration for some baby photos of my younger son Sam. We tried for a long time to have a second child, and when Sam did finally arrive, it was as if a lifetime's wait was over. 

I had these beautiful newborn shots taken by my talented friend Tracy MacLeod (sorry she doesn't have a website) that I have been wanting to scrap for awhile now. I used our Reflections Power Palette - the turquoise, yellowy-green and pale gray created such a soft color scheme - perfect for these photos! I punched the border with the Scallop Stitch Border Maker Cartridge for below the main background paper, and added a strip of Paper Ribbon (from the Power Palette kit) above it. The letters were cut from the photos mats (also in the Power Palette kit) using the two different fonts on the Divine Wedding Cricut Cartridge. I finished the layout off by adding my journaling along with some Epoxy Gems from the Enchanted Power Palette. Here are a couple of detail shots in which you can see the beautiful, subtle patterns of the papers and the gems a little bit more clearly.





I loved working on this layout and I can't wait for the next Rock Chicks challenge in two weeks! I'd love to hear your comments and make sure to check out all the great DT layouts here. If you play along with this challenge, make sure to upload your layout based on this song by the end of February!

Have a great day!




PS...I'm also super excited today to start the "Finding Photo Freedom" Class with Stacy Julian over at Big Picture Classes! I can't wait to get back into my system and tweak it to make it work even better! It's not too late to join the class...visit this page for all the details!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts