February Layouts

Remember my 2013 Memory Keeping Goals? I am happy to report I am staying on track this month...especially when it comes to scrapbooking at least 10 personal pages!

When I am doing my personal pages for my albums (vs doing sample pages to showcase CM products and tools for the blog or for my customers) I allow myself a little leeway and enjoy using some products from other manufacturers (although I'll never use any other album than Creative Memories!) and I experiment with styles ranging from minimal to more decorative. Here are a few I've finished off this month.

SWING:

I used an old Workshop on the Go kit from Close to My Heart for this one - the collection was called "Lucky".  I followed the included layout suggestion pretty closely - there's no need to reinvent the wheel when you have a great layout already planned for you. I love CTMH's selection of  papers and workshop products and I love co-hosting our Calgary Crops events with Carla so I can get my CTMH products! The photos are from a couple of summers ago when we first installed the swing-set in our backyard.




SMILE:

This was a super fast layout! I pulled out these photos from my 2012 storage binder and knew right away I had paper to match some of the colors in Grayson's shirt (Old CM Bright Baby Boy collection). I had no sketch or layout in mind - I just moved things around for a few minutes until I had a design I liked. I trimmed a couple of strips and place them on white cardstock. One photo got adhered to a pre-made photo mat..the others got trimmed into squares. I used the pre-made journaling circle that was in the kit and then cut another circle the same size for balance. The title was a single cut on the Cricut using CM's Cheerful Seasons Cartridge. This one only took me 20 minutes, tops.





CAMP EVERGREEN:

I have a few go-to layouts that I use often when I have certain types of photos. Since I had several vertical photos from this particular Beaver camp, I knew I would line them all up in a row, place some pattered paper above and below them and leave some white space at one end for some visual breathing room. I used brown cardstock for the base and all other components came form the Rugged Power Palette (now discontinued). It always faster to make a layout when you have coordinating items in one place - I love power palettes!




I also did some Naked pages (tee hee - she said "naked"!) that I share with you another time so I can explain the Naked Page Philosophy to you.

I am thrilled that I have completed 8 pages in the first couple of weeks of the month. I plan on doing a few more this weekend (its a long weekend here in Alberta), and surpass my goal of 10 per month.

Are you working on scrapbook pages this weekend? Have fun!



Comments

Popular Posts