October 1-2-3 Layout

Hello friends!

I've been AWOL for a while, but I'm back today with a new 1-2-3 Sketch and Layout design for you! Thank you so much to all of you who have messaged or emailed me to tell me how much you enjoy using the 1-2-3 Layouts and asking me to do more. I'm so happy that you love these layouts and I'll keep creating them as long as you keep wanting them! (I will try to get a couple more done soon to make up for the fact that I did not create any in August or September!) 

For those of you who don't know what a 1-2-3 Layout is, it's a simple formula to make a two page layout using 1 piece of patterned double sided paper, 2 pieces of cardstock (or album pages), and does it by making only 3 cuts! I made up this particular layout using CM's fantastic new Bats in the Belfry Halloween Paper Pack. I love that the patterns and imagery are cute, but not too juvenile, so they will work beautifully for layouts for both kids AND adults, and will be awesome for craft and Home Décor projects as well! I especially love the orange plaid paper that I chose to use on the layout...I wish I could get a whole pack of it!

Here's the sketch for this month's layout. It features space for up to six photos (or five photos and a journal box), a title and three embellishment clusters.



And, because I know you like seeing the process,  I've also made a short video to walk through all the steps to create the layout. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!



Let's look at the completed spread a little closer. This paper is so cute that I only needed to add a few of the Bats in the Belfry Stickers to finish off the layout. I used one for the title, and then layered a few more to create two embellishment clusters. Note that I first adhered the stickers onto some White Solid Core Cardstock and then trimmed around them to leave a little white edge which helps them stand out, then I attached them to the layout using Foam Squares for a bit of extra pop! I used my Black Dual-Tip Pen to write all the details in my journal box (which is just a 4" x 4" piece of white cardstock), and I added a little bit of faux stitching on the black base with the Silver Metallic Pen.





Easy, right? Yes! And you can totally make this layout in about 15 minutes! Just click on this link to download your own copy of the sketch and instructions so you can make your own version. I'd love to hear any comments you have about the 1-2-3 Layouts (ie: Do you like them? What would you like to see next etc.) in the comments section below.

Happy scrapping!
Noreen

Comments

  1. Thanks, Noreen, for another great sketch! Love how you adhered the stickers to white cardstock first - great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts