September 2017 1-2-3 Layout AND Cards!

Hi friends! I'm so sorry I've been AWOL this month. With school start-up, kid's activities and a few design assignments, I couldn't seem to find a moment to spare! But I hunkered down and got the 1-2-3 Layouts AND Cards for September done just in the nick of time, and I'm sharing both with you in this post!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

First up, the 1-2-3 Layout for the month! If you're not familiar with my 1-2-3 Layouts, they use just 1 piece of double sided patterned paper2 pieces of Cardstock (or CM Album Pages) for the base, and we make the entire layout with just 3 cuts. Each month I provide you with a free printable with a sketch, cutting guide and the sample finished layout for inspiration. You can download, print it and follow along to create a fast and easy two page layout. This month's sketch officially has room for five photos, title, journaling, and embellishments, but it can be changed to suit your needs...add more photos, switch the pages around, change up the orientation of the photos or swap out the embellishment placement...it's all up to you! Here is this month's sketch:


To create the layout this month I used papers, stickers and slide-in mat cards from the new Countryside Comfort collection from Creative Memories along with some photos of my family taken last fall. Grab yourself a beverage and enjoy watching this cozy layout come together! 



The 1-2-3 process is so quick and easy - after making the cuts, it only took about 15 minutes to put the layout together . I used one of the floral border stickers over the seam between the 6" strip and the Beige Cardstock background, and cut the other one in half to layer across the light patterned paper on the opposite side. I fussy cut some flowers and the "Happy Place" sentiment from one of the slide-in mats to use as a title. I then added my stickers, tying some green Bakers Twine to the button sticker before popping it and a few others up and off the surface of the layout with Foam Squares.  Finally I added journaling with my Brown Dual-Tip Pen to complete the layout. Here's a closer look at the finished layout and a few of the details:





All the products used can be purchased on my CM website and don't forget to download your FREE copy of the sketch and cutting guide here so that you can refer to it as you create your own version of the layout. I always love seeing what you create with these sketches, so please feel free to share it on my Facebook Group page or leave a comment below!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, onto this month's 1-2-3 Cards! In addition to the 1-2-3 Layout, each month I design an easy-to-make card using 1 Sentiment, 2 Paper Shapes and 3 Embellishments. These cards are very quick and very versatile, making them a great choice for mass production! I chose to use the second collection that CM released in September - Toil and Trouble! The colors, patterns and images in this Halloween collection are so cute, and it includes a CM first - Photo Safe Washi Tape!


Just like with the 1-2-3 Layout, each month I also provide you with a FREE handout showing the sketches, paper shape measurements and pictures of the sample cards that you can download and print, as well as a video tutorial showing how easily the cards come together. Hope you've still got your beverage in your hand...sit back and take a look at how quickly these cute cards come together! 


Since Halloween is only a month away, hopefully you can create some scary-cute cards like this soon! Don't forget to download your copy of the printable handout here, and make sure to head on over to the Facebook page to share your cards or other Christmas layouts and projects!

Thanks for hanging in patiently this month...I hope that I'll have these regular features up much earlier in October for you!

Happy Scrapping!


Comments

  1. Thanks, Noreen. I've missed you! Could you possibly provide a two-page sketch, in the size that you show during your video? The small diagrams are hard to read. The instructions help, of course, but for those of us who are visual, being able to read the dimensions on the cutting diagram is really helpful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth! Sorry your comment was missed (I'll say it was a technical glitch but I was probably my error!) The large sketch I show in the video is simply a printout of the sketch jpeg. If you right click on the photo of the sketch in the post you should get an option to "save as". Then, save it to your computer and print it from there! Hope that works for you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts