One Sketch - Four Ways!

I love sketches. I love to create them, adapt them and use sketches from other designers. Sketches are so full of possibility!

I recently designed a sketch for an event where I showed other Creative Memories advisors how to help their customers use sketches to get more pages done. I'm happy to show you how to do it too!

This one page sketch seems pretty straightforward - it has space for 5 photos (or swap out for decorative tags or journaling spots) and a title with a single focal point embellishment. It's also kind of a one-page 1-2-3 layout, as you can use just one sheet of double sided paper to create the background shapes (see the cutting guide below the sketch).



Using this sketch and cutting guide I was able to create a cute page in under 15 minutes using CM's new limited edition Toil and Trouble collection.  (PS...I'm LOOOOVING the Washi tape...it's photo-safe! Check out this video I made featuring 10 ways to use it!)


Most of us would call it done and move on to find a different sketch for their next layout. But why not increase your efficiency by re-using the sketch? 

I can just hear many scrappers out there saying "I don't want all my pages to look the same!" I hear you! But what if I told you that by making just one change to the sketch you make it look totally different? 

JUST TURN IT.

Yes! Simply rotating the sketch 90 degrees will give you a much different layout and will allow you to use pictures in difference orientations. Use different papers and embellishments and no one will ever realize you're using the same basic sketch. Take a look at the rotated sketches and their resulting layouts...








Cool eh?  I love getting this much mileage from one sketch! And if you want even more ideas to use the sketch, try creating a double page layout by duplicating or mirroring one sketch for the second page, or using one of the variations for the second page. You'll have a cohesive spread with very little effort!

I hope you give this sketch a try - the basic sketch or any/all of the variations! As always, I'd love to see what you create...please feel free to share it on the OCM Facebook page! You can shop for these Creative Memories products on my CM website 24/7 - be sure to get them before their gone!

Happy Scrapping!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts