May 1-2-3 Layout and Spring Blog Hop!


Hi everyone...welcome to the Creative Life Scrapbooking SPRING Blog Hop! You might think we're a little late for a Spring blog hop - I know that some kids are already out of school for Summer holidays! - but since Summer doesn't officially arrive until later in June, we thought we'd still classify it as Spring! We're so happy you've joined us for seven great stops along our hop today...hopefully you'll get lots of Spring-y inspiration!

I get to start us off, and I've got the new May 1-2-3 sketch, layout and video for you!  This month I'm working with a new natty and nautical collection called "Deep Blue Sea" by Creative Memories. This collection will be perfect for your Spring Break photos AND your upcoming Summer vacation pictures! 

You might not be familiar with my 1-2-3 Sketches and Layouts, but they are a great way to get photos onto pages FAST! you will need ONE piece of double-sided patterned paper, TWO pieces of Cardstock (or Album Pages) for the base of your layout, and we'll make the entire layout with only THREE cuts! This month I've included spaces for up to SEVEN photos but you can always add in an extra photo, or substitute a Variety Mat Card or Journaling box in place of one of the photos. Here is the sketch:




I've also got a short video for you that shows you how to punch a border as part of our three cuts and still create a layout in record time. Sit back and take a look:



After punching the border, cutting, arranging and adhering the paper shapes, it was a simple matter to add a few embellishment clusters and my journaling. The whole layout took about 15 minutes to make! Easy, fast and fun! (All Creative Memories products featured are available through me or my Canadian personal CM website)


Here's a closer look at the finished layout and a couple more details:








I hope you try this 1-2-3 layout...you can download the FREE printable handout with the sketch, cutting guide and instructions here!

Alright...I'm sending you off to Karyn McDermaid-Rolfe's blog which is the next top on the hop. And just in case, here are the links to all the stops today! And make sure to like and follow us on our Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook Page for fresh inspiration each and every week!

Noreen Smith's Blog  - you are here!
Karyn McDermaid-Rolfe's Blog
Julie Tambrini's Blog
Diana Miller Brinsley's Blog
Stefani Jones' Blog
Lisa Brown Graham's Blog
Fran Allen Smitherman's Blog


Happy Scrapping!

Comments

  1. Love the clean lines of this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the May 2019 layout, but I cannot find the download on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina. Due to space constraints I'm only able to keep limited digital downloads in the shop. Luckily I am in the process of migrating everything to a different platform to solve that problem! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts