Easy Holiday Decor with Creative Memories Punches!


Hi friends - Happy Monday! I'ts actually #BorderMakerMonday over on the Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook Page. Each and every Monday the CLS team brings you a fun border idea to use on scrapbooks, cards or other projects, and today I'm up and sharing 
fun ways to use the absolutely beautiful Charming Village Border Punch! This punch is part of the North Pole Magic Black Friday Bundle which, as I'm writing this post, is still available, but CM will start substituting products as they run out, so if you LOVE this punch as much as I do, go to my website to get it now!!
So many lovely layouts and beautiful borders have been created by other CM Advisors and customers with the Charming Village Punch, but I wanted to play around with it and use it for some Holiday decor. First up, some ornaments!
I found the most adorable mason jar plastic fillable ornaments at Dollar Tree (Canada) last week, and I couldn't wait to add a village inside it!


For the first ornament I created a regular layered border: A strip of Navy cardstock punched with the Midnight Star Border Maker Cartridge (retired), the Charming Village punched from White cardstock and a strip cut with the wavy blade of the 12" Decorative trimmer from Cloud cardstock for some snow. I trimmed the entire border to about 8" (measure the inside rim of your jar ornament first and cut to size). I then added some fake snow to the jar, rolled up the border and, holding the jar so the snow was on the side of the jar, placed the border inside the neck of the jar and let it unroll to fill up the space. 




It's a bit finicky, but do add a bit of Tape Runner adhesive where the border meets the neck of the jar to prevent it from twisting around inside the jar. Replace the lid, add a ribbon and shake the snow around until it lands in front of the border to complete the snowy scene. SO cute!


An easier version is to simply add an all-white white punched Charming Village inside the jar ornament and let it fill up the body of the jar. Add lots of snow to fill up the empty space at the bottom/neck of the jar, replace the lid and add a ribbon. Equally effective and not quite as fussy to make!



Next, although I don't have my Christmas tree or decorations up yet, I dug through my boxes to find my little cake plate/cloche that I often create a little snowy scene in. This year, I'm just adding the Charming Village inside it along with a few flameless tealight candles!
I punched two Charming Villages from White Cardstock and joined them to make one long continuous border. I measured the inside of the glass cloche/dome lid and cut and formed the long border into a circle to fit inside, adhering it into the ring shape with Repositionable Adhesive. Then, I added three battery operated flameless tealights to the plate, added the border ring around them and replaced the dome on top. 




This beautiful display will look lovely on my mantel, especially in the evening! (Caution: Even though the tealights are low wattage, I always advise that you monitor decorations using them and never leave it unattended. Of course this goes for all your holiday decorations that have lights or candles!)
I hope you give these easy Christmas decorations a try so you can enjoy the Charming Village punch all season long! 

*All Creative Memories products featured in these projects are available in Canada on my CM website (or you can find CM Advisors in the US and other countries by using the Advisor Lookup feature.) If you are interested in joining my cross-Canada team of CM Advisors, feel free to contact me, or click on the "Join" tab on my CM website. Finally, please join me on my Facebook Page, YouTube Channel and  Instagram feed for more ideas and inspiration, and check out the online courses I teach in the OCM Classroom.

Happy Scrapping!

Comments

Popular Posts