Fall Blog Hop with Creative Life Scrapbooking!


Welcome to the final stop on our CLS Fall Blog Hop! You've probably arrived from Lisa Brown-Graham's blog, but if you missed any of the stops, I'll have links to all seven of the blogs at the bottom of this post!

Since Creative Memories brought out the new Wooden Frame Hanger last month, I've added a few to my home in various areas. I love the idea of switching out scrapbook pages based on seasons, holidays or even just to showcase my latest or most favorite pages. Before I change seasons and get into decorating my home for Christmas, I want to share a Fall layout I created with the beautiful Harvest Delight Collection that I've enjoyed seeing in the frame in our family room area for the last week or so.

To make this layout, I dug out all my "vintage" Creative Memories Leaf Punches and punched lots and lots and lots of leaves from various Harvest Delight paper scraps. (Any of those punches look familiar to you?!)



I chose a piece of woodgrain paper from the now retired Timber Paper Pack for my background and added a 1.5" x 10" strip of paper, a trimmed Simple Leaf Chain border and three photos of my son at our cabin that I trimmed to 3" x 4". I love getting a few photos on each page...even if they are small! I added a bit of dimension to the leaves by scoring and bending some of them, and then arranged them as if they were falling and creating a big pile under the photos.

For my title I wanted to use some simple large letters, but the only ones I had in my stash were brown (old CM Monogram Letters) and disappeared onto the brown background. So I trimmed some of the white backing from around each letter, popped the actual letter out to use for another time, and used the white and brown outline on my page! I love how it looks like a cut-file letter and lets the brown woodgrain paper show through!



I finished off the layout with just a few stickers from the Harvest Delight Sticker pack and then placed it in the Wooden Frame Hanger. Although you can most definitely place your layouts into a page protector before you hang them, I decided that since there were lots of textural elements I would leave it as-is and hang it without the protector. It will only be displayed for a month or so, so I don't think it will get damaged, and then I'll slip it into a protector when I place it in my album. I so love the look of it hanging on my wall...it's the perfect blend of memory keeping and home decor!



If you'd like to enjoy your scrapbook pages in your home and not just in your scrapbooks, then the Wooden Frame Hanger might be the answer! Now, if you haven't seen all of the projects from the hop, make sure to click any of the links below to continue on...

Stop #1 - Julie Tambrini's Blog
Stop #2 - Fran Allen Smitherman's Blog
Stop #3 - Candace Bouldin's Blog
Stop #4 - Karyn McDermaid-Rolfe's Blog
Stop #5 - Diana Miller Brinsley's Blog
Stop #6 - Lisa Brown Graham's Blog
Stop #7 - Noreen Smith's Blog - You are here!


We hope you enjoyed the CLS Fall Blog Hop! Make sure to join us over on the CLS Facebook Page for regular features such as #BorderMakerMonday and #FeatureProjectFriday, as well as Virtual PJ Parties, Sketch of the Month posts and much more! See you there!

Happy Scrapping!


Comments

  1. What a clever idea you had for the title! Love all of the punched leaves, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lu L! I love using multiple elements for a really "full" look...no better way to do that than with a punch!

      Delete
  2. Love this layout. I have all those punches and what a great way to use them and scraps of paper. The letters are very clever. Haven’t used my hangers yet. Great Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll enjoy the hangers...very versatile and easy to use! Have fun punching!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts