July 1-2-3 Layout for Creative Life Scrapbooking PJ Party!


Hey friends! Today we're having our Summer PJ Party over at Creative Life Scrapbooking: every hour on the hour from 4:00 pm to 12:00 am (EDT) you'll find a new layout, project or technique to try from each of the CLS designers! Normally for our PJ Parties we choose one collection from Creative Memories* and then each designer creates a different project with it, but this time we chose to showcase a collection of tools - the Custom Cutting System! That's right, we were so excited by the re-introduction of the old favorite Jumbo Circle CCS Template we decided to devote our whole PJ Party to sharing various ways to use the system. So go get your PJ's on, dig out your Custom Cutting System and head over to the CLS FB Group to scrap along with us all evening long!

Since I get to kick things off today, I challenged myself to use the Jumbo Circle CCS shape to create my July 1-2-3 Sketch & Layout. Here's the sketch I came up with:


Confused as to how we can get this layout with one piece of double-sided patterned paper, two pieces of cardstock (or album pages), and by making just three cuts? Instead of making the cuts for the layout with the 12" Trimmer as I normally do, I cut all the pieces with Jumbo Circle and the Red Blade! Take a look at this video to see how to do it!


Here's another look at the finished layout and details:





  • Now that you've seen the technique in action, remember that you don't have to use the Jumbo Circle to create this layout - try it with the Jumbo Hexagon template or other retired jumbo templates you may have in your tool collection! 
  • Make sure to head over to the OCM Shop to access the free July 2020 1-2-3 Sketch & Handout and give it a try for yourself! 
  • And don't forget to like and follow us over at Creative Life Scrapbooking where we post ideas featuring Creative Memories products every week!
  • Finally, if you love sketches, consider registering for my year-long online course - SYS20/20 (Scrap-Your-Stash 2020) - where you'll get sketches galore each month along with challenges and lots of inspiration to use up that stash of scrapbook supplies! Registration is ongoing throughout 2020 - you'll have immediate access to all previous monthly lessons and be able to see the lessons for the remainder of the year on the first of every month!

*All Creative Memories products featured in these projects are available in Canada on my CM website (or you can find CM Advisors in the US and other countries by using the Advisor Lookup feature.) If you are interested in joining my cross-Canada team of CM Advisors, feel free to contact me, or click on the "Join" tab on my CM website. Finally, please join me on my Facebook Page, YouTube Channel and  Instagram feed for more ideas and inspiration, and check out the online courses I teach.

Happy Scrapping!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness Noreen, you've outdone yourself!! I adore this layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! So, when you were holding up the Jumbo Circle Pattern, it made me think of Miss Pat's Magic Mirror! That made me think of you when you're doing your facebook live videos and you say, "Oh, there's Karen! And I see Sandra, and there's Janet in Mississippi..." I think you've found your Magic Mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun layout!! I can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and colorful layouts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts