Copic Christmas Cards and another Freebie!

I think it's safe to say that if you are a papercrafter you are probably working on Christmas cards right about now! I sat down and created a whole schwack of cards using some multi-purpose Christmas tags I designed, some red and green cardstock and a few small pieces of patterned Christmas paper. They were simple and fast - in fact I made a dozen cards in about half an hour!


Want to make some fast and easy cards too? Well, here ya go!

There are 12 tags on this sheet, two of each of six designs. Simply download the sheet of tags here, print them on some white cardstock, and cut or punch them out with a 3" circle cutter. Then, color them up real quick using your Copics, markers, pencil crayons or watercolor pencils. Heck, even the kids could color these with their crayons to make their own cards! (By the way...I used only a few copics here - E33, E47, G21, G24, Y21 and R27.)
To assemble the cards, I started with standard white invitation sized (4.25 x 5.5") card bases. First I layered on a 4 x 5.25" piece of solid red or green cardstock, then added a piece of  3.75 x 5" patterned paper on top. I punched a 3.5" scallop circle from the same solid color I started with then add one of the colored in tags to top it off. See, I told you it was fast and easy!

For a little variety you could:
  • vary the background papers
  • vary the colors of copics or markers you use on the tags
  • place the scallop and tag in the centre of the card or off to one side for a more asymmetrical look
  • do some in landscape format (card opening from bottom up) or portrait format (card opening from side)
  • add a foam square to make the image pop off the surfac
And here's a closer look:


Of course you can use the tags on other Christmas papercrafting projects...punch a hole in them and they would be great as gift tags or blin them up a bit and use as embellishments on a scrapbook page! I would love to see what you do with them, so please feel free to leave a link to a pic of your projects in the comments below!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts