Creative Life Scrapbooking March Sketch of the Month

Hello March! I was happy to design a sketch for our wonderful Design Team at Creative Life Scrapbooking to use as a jumping off point this month!

Wait a minute...you're wondering what "Creative Life Scrapbooking" is? We are a group of former Creative Memories Content Contributors, and when our terms were up we just didn't want to stop sharing, so we formed our own collective with the hope of continuing to inspire you! We started a Facebook Page where we share ideas and tips, inspiration, and regular features like Border Maker Mondays and Monthly Sketches! If you haven't already, make sure to head on over to join our group...I'll give you the link at the end of this post!

Now, getting back to the sketch for March! It's a single 12" x 12" layout with space for three 3.5" x 5.5" photos, title, journaling and embellishments. 


It's very versatile and you can use it for so many different themes by changing up the paper and embellishments, rotating it, or making it part of a Double Page Layout. We'll be sharing the different layouts created by the CLS Design Team over the next couple of weeks on our FB page, so make sure to "Like" our page so you don't miss any of them!

But, because I love you all,  I made a Scrapbook Process Video (my first!) while I was creating my version of the layout to share with you today! It's quite a bit longer than most of my other videos, but in it I walk you through my entire process - from selecting my supplies, to cutting the paper, making a unique border design and finishing off the layout with journaling. You'll see the layout come to life! I invite you to grab your favorite beverage, sit back and enjoy!


So tell me...did you enjoy watching the entire process? Did you get a new tip or idea? What was your favorite part of the process? I'd love to hear your feedback as this was the first video of this type that I have done...please leave a comment below to let me know if you'd like to see more of these Scrapbook Process Videos!

I hope you are inspired to create your own version of this easy layout. Make sure to head over to our Creative Life Scrapbooking Facebook Page and grab your copy of the sketch with measurements from the "NOTES" section on the left hand side of the page. Then, once you've created your layout, we'd absolutely LOVE to see it! Snap a photo and share it with us by posting it directly on the CLS facebook page, or post it on your Instagram account using the hashtag #CLSMarchSketch. Let's inspire each other!

Happy Scrapping!



Comments

  1. I really liked being able to look over your shoulder as you created this page! Your comments about using 3 embellishment clusters and the discussions about how we help our eyes move around the page were very informative. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this video, I love watching as you create from the sketch. The layout was easy and inspiring to listen to you explain as you created your page. I look forward to seeing more sketches and videos. I just started using the repositionable adhesive and I love it, also just started using foam squares, love them! My scrapbooks in the future will be a lot different than those I previously made. Love there is always something new to learn about scrapbooking.
    Thanks again for video

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts