Summer Scrapbook Series Week 4 - Christmas in July 1-2-3 Layout

Merry Christmas! Yes, I'm back with the JULY 1-2-3 layout for you, but since we're in the middle of the Christmas in July challenge for the Summer Scrapbook Series, I thought it would be fun to make it into a Christmas layout! 

If you're not familiar with my 1-2-3 Layouts, they use just 1 piece of double sided patterned paper2 pieces of Cardstock (or CM Album Pages) for the base, and we make the entire layout with just 3 cuts. Each month I provide you with a free printable with a sketch, cutting guide and the sample finished layout for inspiration. You can download, print it and follow along to create a great two page layout. This month's sketch has room for up to seven photos, a title and embellishments, but it's totally customizable...swap out a photo for a journaling spot, use less photos or embellishments, or even use only one half of the design...it's up to you! Here is this month's sketch:





Creative Memories hasn't released their holiday products yet, but the new Mix & Match Evergreen papers were perfect to use for a Christmas-y layout. I also had a few embellishments and stickers that weren't used up in my Christmas Past projects from last year that work beautifully with the evergreen papers (and the Cranberry papers too!), so it was a great opportunity to use up a little more of that leftover stash before Christmas 2017 rolls around! Are you ready to use up some of your stash? Grab a drink and sit back for a few minutes to watch this Christmas-y layout come together!


The 1-2-3 process is so fast - after making the cuts, it only took about another 20 minutes to complete the rest of the layout. I created the title with the Ruby ABC/123 Stickers, and then added my die-cuts, stickers and self-adhesive gems, popping a few up and off the surface of the layout with foam squares. Finally I added journaling and plenty of faux "stitches" with my Black Dual-Tip Pen to complete the layout. Here's a closer look at the finished layout and a few of the details:






All the products shown can be purchased on my CM website (yes, even the Christmas Past products are still available!), and don't forget to download your FREE copy of the sketch and cutting guide here so that you can refer to it as you create your own version of the layout. I always love seeing what you create with these sketches, so please feel free to share it on my Facebook Group page or leave a comment below!

Happy Scrapping!



Comments

  1. Awesome! I think this might be my favorite 1-2-3 layout!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts