Summer Scrapbook Series Week 8 - Vacation 1-2-3 Layout August 2017

Hi friends! I'm actually on vacation in beautiful British Columbia this week, which fits right in with this week's Vacation theme on our Summer Scrapbook Series on the OCM Facebook page! It's the perfect time to post the 1-2-3 Layout for August, especially since I was able use some of our vacation photos from a couple of years ago, making lots of room for new photos of this year's vacation!


If you're not familiar with my 1-2-3 Layouts, they use just 1 piece of double sided patterned paper2 pieces of Cardstock (or CM Album Pages) for the base, and we make the entire layout with just 3 cuts. Each month I provide you with a free printable with a sketch, cutting guide and the sample finished layout for inspiration. You can download, print it and follow along to create a fast and easy two page layout. This month's sketch has room for up to six photos, space for title & journaling, and three embellishment clusters, but it's totally customizable...swap out a photo for a journaling spot, use more or less photos or embellishments, or even use only one half of the design...it's up to you! Here is this month's sketch:




I created some fun layouts using the Slice of Summer collection from Creative Memories to share on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog last month, but I still had stickers and slide-in mats leftover, along with 6 pieces of paper from the original 12 sheets (CM Paper Packs go a long way!) and I knew it would be the perfect collection to showcase these vacation photos. I love using up my stash! Are you ready to use up some of your stash and tackle that stack of old vacation photos? Grab a drink and sit back for a few minutes to watch this summer-time layout come together!


The 1-2-3 process is so fast - after making the cuts, it only took about another 10 minutes to complete the rest of the layout (which was a good thing as I filmed the video and finished off the layout at midnight the night before we left on vacation! No wonder I sounded so tired on the video!) I used one of the slide-in mats for my title by cutting it down to 4" x 4", and then added my stickers, popping a few up and off the surface of the layout with foam squares. Finally I added journaling with my Black Dual-Tip Pen to complete the layout. Here's a closer look at the finished layout and a few of the details:






All the products shown can be purchased on my CM website and don't forget to download your FREE copy of the sketch and cutting guide here so that you can refer to it as you create your own version of the layout. I always love seeing what you create with these sketches, so please feel free to share it on my Facebook Group page or leave a comment below!

Happy Scrapping!

Comments

  1. Hi, Noreen. Someplace recently I saw one of your pages, I think it was a red & white summer page that you said was an older page but one you were proud of. I really liked it, but I can't find it again. Do you know the page I'm talking about and where I can find it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts