Fall Blog Hop with Creative Life Scrapbooking!

Hi everyone! Well, it feels more like full-blown winter here in Calgary, but I am happy to be taking part in our Creative Life Scrapbooking Fall Blog Hop, and focusing on fall projects! You have probably arrived from Sarah's blog and at the end of my post I'll send you on your way to Karyn's blog. (And if you just happened to start off here, no worries...I'll give you the links to all the stops as well!)

I'm going to share a few fall-themed digital layouts with you today. You've probably heard me talk about using Creative Memories digital artwork in Forever's Artisan scrapbooking software to create digital layouts, but I love the artwork and templates that the talented designers at Forever make for us as well! I especially love the pre-designed pages and templates that you can simply add your photos and digital papers to - they are such a great option to get pages and entire photo books done simply and quickly. Not too long ago I was browsing through some of the new templates in the Forever Digital Art store and came across these beauties by Templates & Co.

h

They reminded me of traditional layouts created by using die-cuts that have open areas that you can layer different papers behind for lots of interest and variety (kind of like this layout I created in the spring). I grabbed them during the Black Friday Digital Art Sale (on until November 30 - use code BLACKFRIDAY to get 30% off!) and knew I wanted to use them with some of CM's fall themed digital art to make some quick Halloween and Thanksgiving layouts.

First, I used the falling leaves template from the Thanksgiving Templates & Co. Collection to show off some of the gorgeous fall colors near our cabin during the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend back in October. Not all of the leaves had fallen yet, and my son Sam and I got out for a lovely walk to enjoy the fresh air and sights.


I used digital papers and elements from CM's Painted Harvest digital art kit (retired) for this autumnal layout...I love the browns, golds and orange tones mixed with the turquoise! (Font is AR Julian)

Next, for a layout that featured some photos of my older son's crazy Halloween costume, I used the bat template from the Halloween Templates & Co. Collection and CM's Toil and Trouble Digital Papers and Elements. Grayson's costume wasn't scary or gory at all, so the cute Toil and Trouble designs worked well and emphasized the fun factor! (Font is Twentieth Century CT Condensed)


And finally I used the pumpkin template from the Thanksgiving Templates & Co. Collection to tell the story of how Sam opted to reuse his costume from last Halloween, because he was more interested in getting all the candy than worrying about the actual costume! I used a mix of Painted Harvest and Toil and Trouble digital papers and elements on this layout and loved how well the two collections worked together! (Font is Twentieth Century CT Condensed)


I really enjoyed working with these templates. Each layout only took about 5-10 minutes to complete from start to finish, and that was because I was indecisive as to which papers I wanted to use! It was so easy to drag and drop photos into the designated spaces, and to click on an item to "fill" it with any paper or color that you select. You can totally customize the template to make it work with your photos! And like all digital products, you can reuse them over and over again! I saw some Christmas template designs by the same company, so I may have to go back to purchase those to have on hand to quickly document Christmas!

Are you a digi-scrapper? Have you tried using Templates? I'd love to hear your comments or questions!

Now on to the rest of the stops on the hop! Make sure to visit them all and leave a little comment love! Enjoy!

Stop # 2 - Noreen's Blog - You are here!

Happy Hopping!

Comments

  1. So cute! What a great find--these templates look so useful, and your pages look so nice in them. My favorite thing, though, is the quote from your son. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These templates are so fun! Your digital papers and photos worked perfectly with the templates. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing templates come to life in Artisan-this software is truly such a blessing, it’s amazing what it can do. Beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love blog hops. These layouts are so fun! Do you print out your digital pages and put them in regular albums? I have such a hard time deciding between digital and traditional. I love elements of both.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts