October 1-2-3 Layout

Hi friends! Apologies for the delay in posting the October 1-2-3 Layout...it was ready to go on Halloween, but a computer crash and a busy week delayed it. But don't worry...as you'll see in the video, the layout is not just for Halloween themed photos, and neither is the Toil and Trouble collection by Creative Memories that I'm using it with!

If you're not familiar with my 1-2-3 Layouts, they use just 1 piece of double sided patterned paper2 pieces of Cardstock (or CM Album Pages) for the base, and we make the entire layout with just 3 cuts. Each month I provide you with a free printable with a sketch, cutting guide and the sample finished layout for inspiration. You can download, print it and follow along to create a fast and easy two page layout. This month's sketch has room for up to seven photos, space for title & journaling, and embellishment clusters, but it's totally customizable...swap out a photo for a journaling spot, use more or less photos or embellishments, or even use only one half of the design...it's up to you! Here is this month's sketch:


I already used quite a few of the papers from the Toil and Trouble collection, but I still had stickers leftover, along with a couple of pieces of paper from the original 12 sheets. The paper I chose was definitely not just for Halloween - the aqua hexagons and yellow geometric patterns were perfect to use with some photos from our trip to Yellowstone National Park to see Old Faithful. It didn't hurt that my boys had on yellow and blue tee shirts that really worked with these colors either! So grab a hot beverage and sit back for a few minutes to watch how to create this easy layout:



The 1-2-3 process is so fast - after making the cuts, it only took about another 15 minutes to complete the rest of the layout. I used a mix of Gold ABC/123 Letters and some old Candy Shoppe Letters for my title, added the yellow striped border stickers across the bottom edge of the strips, and created embellishment clusters with hexagon stickers and a few punched paper hexagons, popping some up and off the surface of the layout with foam squares. Finally I journaled with my Black Dual-Tip Pen to complete the layout. Here's a closer look at the finished layout and a few of the details:







The Toil and Trouble Collection is a limited edition, so grab it before it's gone! All other current products shown can be purchased on my CM website and don't forget to download your FREE copy of the sketch and cutting guide here so that you can refer to it as you create your own version of the layout. I always love seeing what you create with these sketches, so please feel free to share your layout on my Facebook Group page or leave a comment below!


Happy Scrapping!

Comments

  1. Love this sketch. My customers like to fit a lot of photos on two pages, works for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts