Just You & Me




Sheesh...2 weeks since I last posted? Where does the time go?!

I have a new layout up today over at Scrap It With A Song. This month we are playing with color-themed songs, and the Rock Chicks were given the song, "Lady In Red" by Chris DeBurgh. Love this song...I remember it as "the" slow song at many a High School Dance!

I knew I didn't have any photos that could be used in a literal way (ie: no pics of ladies actually wearing red!) so I took a closer look at the lyrics. The phrase "There's nobody here, it's just you and me. It's where I want to be" resonated with me and reminded me so much of our wedding...Shane and I went off to Jamaica to get married without any other family members. It truly was just him and I and we were so happy to have done it that way. This photo was taken by a friendly bystander at our wedding dinner overlooking the beautiful Caribbean Sea.

I am in the middle of revamping my scrap space and didn't have access to my tools and paper, so I decided to work digitally this week. The layout was created using Creative Memories Storybook Creator 4.0 software with the Cottage Garden Digital Kit and a word art embellishment from the Reflections Digital Power Palette. I edited the original picture to a sepia tone to work better with the vintage style and colors of the digital papers and embellishments in this kit.

Make sure to head on over to Scrap It With A Song and take a look at all the other DT layouts...they are just lovely! And don't forget we want to see your take on any of the songs on our March playlist...just upload your layout by March 31st.

I'll have a new Sketch of the Month up for you in the next day or so...I promise it won't be two weeks before I post it!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts