New SIWAS DT Layout



I have a new layout up at the Scrap It With A Song blog today! Our theme of colorful songs this month continues with a classic - "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Judy Garland

Its one of those songs that you know all the lyrics to and and you find yourself humming or singing to yourself every now and then. I love how timeless this song is. It was originally written for the movie "The Wizard of Oz" in 1939, won an academy award and became Garland's signature song. Over the years it's been re-recorded by many artists, and a ukelele version by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole has become super popular and been used in a variety of soundtracks in recent years. 

As I was looking through pics to get started on my layout, I came across several photos from one of our off-roading trips from last summer. We had reached a beautiful meadow at the summit of a trail and we got out to enjoy the view. The sky was so vast and blue and I snapped photos of the boys racing across the meadow with the sky stretching endlessly in the background. When I saw the photos, I immediately thought of the lyrics from the song "...skies are blue", and used that as my title. 

I used products from the brand new Candy Shop Power Palette for this layout. I love how the bright colors in the patterned papers, journal box, alpha stickers and epoxy stickers that I chose from the huge variety in the collection work with the green grass, bright blue sky and colors in my boys shirts!

Make sure to drop by Scrap it With a Song and see all the layouts by the design team that were inspired by this song. And if you play along and post one of your own layouts, link up by March 31st to win a chance to be a guest designer on SIWAS in May! Good luck!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts