Weekend Web Round-Up - June 4th


It's been a busy week and I haven't had a chance to peruse all my favorite blogs this week (I have 483 items in my Google Reader!) But here are a few things that did catch my eye this week that I wanted to share with you. Check them out over the weekend.

I love Ella Publishing!

They publish e-books especially for scrappers! I have several and they are all well done. The also publish a free monthly e-zine called Ellaments, which offers articles and inspiration. The June issue is available here.

You may remember that Pantone deemed Turquoise to be THE color of 2010. I love turquoise and aqua and all shades and variations, so I have been pleased to see this color used so much this year. Scrapbooks etc. Magazine created a slide show of 20 scrapbook layouts using turquoise in various ways, and I loved ALL of them!

It seems that lots of companies these days are using videos to teach techniques and demonstrate their products. Here are some links to videos that I have really enjoyed. If you have some down time this weekend check them out:

Close to My Heart TV offers videos called Art & Soul. Each one provides thematic or technique based ideas for using CTMH products. Check out the the most recent episode featuring a really cool technique called overstamping!

Fiskars has changed their website (which I don't find as attractive or intuitive unfortunately) and has lots episodes of Craft TV, each demonstrate a different project and product. On another note, I think the new Fiskars Everyywhere Window Punches will be very useful...I just have to find a Canadian retailer who stocks them!

And finally, in addition to publishing a great magazine with a Canadian focus, the gals at Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine have started making bi-weekly webisodes! You can watch editor Jackie Ludlage as she demonstrates techniques and projects using the latest new products. Catch up with all six webisodes here.

Have fun browsing and have a great weekend (meanwhile, I'll be cleaning cabinets and baseboards all weekend!)

Comments

Popular Posts