Cricut Holiday Frames & Tags Cartridge #3

I've already shared a great favour box and some cute tags that I cut with this cartridge, and today I want to show you two ways to make gift giving easy using a Pillow Box and a Gift Card holder.

The Pillow Box makes a great gift box and can be sized for any gift. I made this one using the "Point" key, the "Nordic Font" feature and the "Fit to Page" size on my Cricut Expression. It gave me a finished box measuring about 5.5 x 8.5 inches which is big enough for a small gift like a tie or a pair of gloves.

 
I used a piece of Cranberry Cardstock for the base, then decorated it with a strip of White Cardstock that I double punched with the Zig-Zag Diamond Border Maker Cartridge. I layered that with a strip of gorgeous red and white damask patterned paper from the Be Merry paper collection. I swiped the edges of the damask paper with our exclusive Barn Red Chalking Ink so it would stand out a bit from the white. I added a tag made from the leftovers of the tags I shared the other day...inking the edges with the Olive Green Chalking Ink. I tied it all together with a little bit of Bakers Twine by Martha Stewart from Michael's. Sweet!

 

The Gift Card Holder really helps make a gift card seem more like a gift. This was also cut from the same lovely damask "Be Merry" paper and adhered to the inside of a card made from more Cranberry Cardstock along with a snowflake cut from White Shimmer Cardstock and a stamp I think I got from Michael's in the $1.50 bin! 


I cut the holder from the "Wood" key and the "Nordic Font" feature at 3.5 inches and it fits a standard size store gift card perfectly. I mounted it on a scrap piece of White Shimmer Cardstock just to make it stand out from the cardstock a little more. I like it a lot better than the generic gift card holders from the stores!

I think I will be using the Pillow Box and Gift Card Holder all year long...they'd be so sweet done in a variety of themed papers for different holidays and for events such as birthdays or baby showers.

If you love this cartridge, don't wait! It is a Limited Edition and won't be around after December 31st. Order today so you can have it delivered by Christmas. And remember that my gift to you with any purchase over $50.00 is the set of three exclusive chalking inks that are not available for purchase!

I'll be wrapping up my Christmas adventures with this cartridge in a few days with a great little gift idea for your children's classmates, teachers or your neighbours. Make sure to stop by!
 

Comments

Popular Posts