Cricut Holiday Frames & Tags Cartridge #4

Thanks for coming back to see my fourth post featuring some the fun little things you can make using the Creative Memories Holiday Frames & Tags Cricut Cartridge! I've already shared a Favour Box, a set of Tags, and a Pillow Box and Gift Card Holder. Today I'm showing you how to make a cute hot-chocolate package holder that makes a great little gift for your children's classmates, their teachers or even your neighbours.

Everyone loves a cup of hot chocolate stirred up with a festive candy cane during the Holidays. But it's not very festive to just pass out the package of HC mix and a candy cane. No...it has to be cute, right? I was inspired by the packages that one of the ladies at our recent retreat was making, and I came up with a couple of my own using CM supplies. Here's a couple of options for dressing up these inexpensive items and make them into more of a gift.

For my first version I used the new Holiday Frames & Tags Cartridge to cut out an open-top envelope with cute pinked edges. (Key - "Stitch 2", Feature - Nordic Font)



I cut it from Red Cardstock at 6 inches and when I folded and adhered the edges it was a great size for the hot chocolate package and candy cane. I dressed it up with a few layers... first, Green Apple Cardstock cut with the Rotary Trimmer and Pinking Blade, then a layer of one of the Nordic Papers (edged with a bit of Barn Red Chalking Ink*) and topped it off with one of the Nordic Title Stickers. I added a little bow of baker's twine (Martha Stewart) to finish it off. Easy and fast...which is great if you have to make multiples.  (Note: if you cut this at 5 inches it would be a great package for a chocolate bar...a cute favour idea for a birthday!)

My second version was just as quick and easy and is more closely based on my scrappy friends' design. I used CM's Cheerful Seasons Cartridge - it is my most-used cartridge because it has images for every season of the year!



I cut some 8.5 x 11 neutral cardstock (non-CM) in half to make standard cards measuring 4.5 x 5.5 inches. I trimmed one edge on a 45 degree angle, again using the Rotary Cutter and Pinking Blade before adhering the bottom and short side edges closed to form a pocket. I added a strip of the same Nordic Paper I used on the package above (this time edging it with the Olive Chalking Ink*). I cut a 2 inch circle from the embossed Green Apple Cardstock from the Enchanted Power Palette and mounted the cute steamy mug image I cut with the Cricut at 3 inches on top of the circle (Key - "Mug", Feature - Layer ). A simple handwritten sentiment on the bottom of the card finishes it off, although I think I will have Grayson write it out on the packages for his friends!

Between my two boys we need to make about 35 of these, so that will keep us busy as we try to finish them up before the week is over. I hope you have time to make a few of these to spread a little holiday warmth around to your friends!





*** Don't forget that you'll receive a set of three Chalking Inks in Olive, Barn Red and Plum FREE with any CM purchase of $50.00 or more by December 31st. Email me for more details!

Comments

Popular Posts