Winter Wonderland

I haven't had much time to scrapbook with all the Christmas preparations (and making 30+ hot chocolate packets for the boys classmates took longer than I thought!) But I thought I would share a layout that I completed as a sample for the layout contest that we did at our winter retreat earlier this month.



I love these wonderful photos by Deanna Mae Photography. We had a mini outdoor session with Deanna in early November and we couldn't be happier! She was so wonderful to work with and we love the resulting photos...we used them for our Christmas cards as well! Check out her website here or her facebook page here.

I used gray cardstock as my base and then added a variety of our beautiful Be Merry papers, which coordinated with the colors in the photos perfectly (I am especially partial to the gray plaid pattern!) The title was cut from Cricut's Winter Woodland cartridge and the snowflakes were cut from our new Holiday Frames & Tags cartridge.

The layout is from Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine's monthly Sketchy Challenge. Each month they post a new layout, and you can upload your version to share in their member gallery. (And you even get a chance to be published if your layout uses products made by Canadian manufacturers!) Mine is a pretty literal interpretation of the layout...right down to the hexagon shapes used as embellishments.

Speaking of layouts, I want to tell you about a change I'm making for 2013. You might remember that during this past year I created a Kits of the Month that featured two layouts and two card designs along with a CM additions paper pack. Because CM is moving away from these packs, I won't be continuing to make my kits, but I will continue to offer a monthly sketch! I haven't done sketches (or Page Plans as I call them) on the blog for a long time, but they are among my most popular posts and searches. So, each month I'll be creating and posting new layout and card designs for you and maybe there will even be some prizes...more on that in the New Year!

I'm off to wrap gifts...I hope you're almost ready for Christmas!




Comments

Popular Posts