Day 3 - Tags, Tags and More Tags!

I love tags. I tie tags on baskets so I know what's inside; I tie them to packages instead of using labels; I love to use them on scrapbook pages and cards. Tags are fab. And I have a bunch of tag ideas to share with you today.

First up, solid tags. These are indispensable and I love them so much I make them in every color imaginable! I like to write on them and tuck them behind a photo on a scrapbook page to hide journaling or stick letters to them and use them as titles or embellisments. Of course I needed some in Christmas colors, so here they are - our solid Christmas tags in dark green, lime, dark red, red, gingerbread and sugarplum:

christmas tags

I also wanted to make some traditional greetings tags for Christmas. I chose a few key holiday greetings and some graphic holiday icons and put them together in the same colors I used to make the solid Christmas tags.

christmas greetings tags

I love how they turned out and I can't wait to use these on Christmas gifts. I think a solid tag paired with a coordinating greetings tag would be lovely tied together on a package - like this:

tags on gift

Then because I liked the graphic nature of the icons on those tags, I decided to make a third set - this one with Christmas words. Again they coordinate with the colors of the solid tags and would look great paired together.

christmas word tags

These (and more) tags are available for purchase in our little shop for a very reasonable price - only $1.00 per package of 6 tags! Each tag is printed on acid free cardstock and measures 2 by 3 inches. If you aren't up to making some tags yourself, order a few packages of these indispensable little babies and add some fab tags to your Christmas packages and paper projects this year!

Here's a few other tag tips:

  • The office supply store is a haven for tags - packing tags in all sizes, round labeling tags and pricing tags just to name a few. I like to buy bulk packages of white tags (the kind with the white string attached as well as the round ones with the silver metal edging) and use them for all kinds of things - even labeling baskets of bathroom supplies or my scrapbook albums (idea courtesy of the ever inspiring Stacy Julian!)


bathroom basket with tag

album tag

  • This holiday when you find yourself needing a tag remember that any shape can become a tag simply by punching a hole in it...circles, squares, triangles all make great tags. And pretty much any die-cut or punch you might have can easily be transformed in the same way. Think of a pretty snowflake tag on a wrapped Christmas present, or a gingerbread boy on a package of cookies. 

  • Remember that tags aren't just for the holidays...butterflies, flowers and hearts all make super cute tags to dress up any card, scrapbook page or gift throughout the year!

  • Tags can really dress up any old item. A tag, a monogram stickers and a ribbon transform a mitten storage basket into a fun and functional home decor piece that is pleasant to see in my front hall closet everyday. And, with one basket for each member of the family, I stay organized and everyone knows where to put their stuff! Ahhhh, the magic of tags!


closet basket 

So here's your first 12 Days challenge:

MAKE - A - TAG!


Easy, eh? Yup, just make a tag for a holiday present or for a scrapbook page or card or for any old reason. Post it online (on your blog or on a photo sharing site like Flickr) and send us a link in the comments section below. You have LOTS of time to get your tag done and posted...we will do all the drawings for winners on our last day of this series - December 12 (don't forget to come back to this post to add your comment and link though!). We will make a random draw from the all those who have responded to win a complete set of our tags! Just think of what you could do with all those tags!

Have fun and we can't wait to see your tags! TAG...your it! And we'll see you back here tomorrow for a Christmas Home Decor project!

Comments

  1. Hiya, Noreen! Just had to laugh out loud when I saw that we have the same project. Great minds think alike!

    I so love these. They are just gorgeous! =)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tags too! I recently purchased a Making Memories tag crimper at a garage sale for $3! Along with some tag frames. Nico and I had so much fun making the tags. I tied them to my storage baskets in my office so I don't have to pull each one out to remember what's inside. I'm now officially addicted to ribbon too. Bought 10 rolls out of the clearance bin a Michael's a few weeks back. Check out my simple tags on my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts