52: Block and Slide

Apologies for the lack of posts again this week - my new computer still has not arrived! Since hubby is  off-roading today, I am using his to computer to at least get a creative prompt posted! Keep your fingers crossed that my computer comes soon!

This week's creative prompt is really about "tweaking" - but I like the title of "Block and Slide" better!

Most of us have a default scrapbook style or preference that we tend to fall back on, and sometimes we just need to tweak it - add or change a little something - to make our layouts more interesting. I speak from experience! This is what happened to me when I was working on some Easter layouts. After I had selected papers etc., I found myself arranging the photos in the same old way. I tend to be very linear in my scrapbooking, and rely on color blocking a lot with photos and patterned paper. This is what I initially started with...


(Sorry about the color...it seems blue-ish, but the background paper is actually white!)

Ok, but pretty same-old-same-old for me. Then I remembered a layout I had seen where the photos were tightly blocked and aligned with the edge of the 12 x 12 paper (cannot find or remember the source). I started rearranging my photos and papers and came up with this. The finished layout is still "me", but more visually pleasing to the eye and more interesting. Much better!


All materials Creative Memories:
Embossed Cardstock - Enchanted power palette
Patterned papers - Nancy O'Dell Love 12 x 12 Addition
Cactus Cardstock
Title cut with Cheerful Seasons Cricut Cartridge - Basic Shadow Font

I like how you can see more of the patterned paper and that there is more room at the side for embellishments and a title. FYI, the photos are one 4 x 6 and two 4 x 4's; the journaling spot is 4 x 2 and the background paper is 10 x 10. This layout was easy to put together and would make a great double page spread with another page mirroring it. So why not try this "block and slide" page plan on a layout - it's fast and easy...just the way I like to scrap!

Have a great week!


Comments

Popular Posts