Making Dad a Birthday Card

Guess what Purolator brought yesterday? My new computer! My wonderful hubby set it up for me when he got home last night and I now am good to go. I have to say that being without a computer was NOT fun, and I am so happy to be back online!

Today I'm sharing a masuline birthday card my son and I made last week. Grayson is seven and he has always enjoyed crafts. Since he was about three years old he would come to my craft table and ask to "scrapbook" - which was his way of asking to cut, paste and stamp! He still loves to make his own handmade cards for every occasion (that's my boy!). So when Daddy's birthday came around last week, of course he had to make a special card for him.



Cute, but not too cute! Here's how we did it...

I got out the Creative Memories Stamper System, the For Him Stamp Set, the Aqua and Cactus Ink Cartridge and some leftover papers from the Be Young Stack Pack. Grayson chose three of the stamps - "#1", "Dad" (with the border around it), and "Hero" for the front of the card.

We cut a standard 4.25 x 11 card base from Cactus Cardstock, folded it and then layered a 4 x 5.25 piece of Cloud Cardstock and a piece of one of the Be Young papers cut to 3.75 x 5 on top. (Tip...when cutting with my kids, I line up the paper at the right marking on the paper cutter and hold it down tight while Grayson slides the blade carefully down to make the cut - such teamwork!)

Grayson stamped each of the images a few times on a piece of white card stock. The CM Stamper System is easy to use, especially for kids, and it's just as easy to change out the stamps and ink cartridges. Here's a quick video to give you an idea of just how easy it is...



After stamping the images, we punched them out with the Circle Maker punch then punched some larger background circles from leftover cardstock. The larger Dad stamp and it's background circle were cut out using the Circle Patterns from the Custom Cutting System (which I cut for safety's sake) and placed in between the other two stamps the other two stamps to form the sentiment on the front of the card.

Grayson wrote his own message inside and on the back, and gave it with pride to Daddy on his birthday. Don't you just love seeing your kids handwriting?! Here's the message inside the card...


and more writing on the back! (I had to remind him to sign his and Sam's names!)


Shane was thrilled and told Grayson it was the best card he ever received, beefing up Grayson's confidence and reinforcing his desire to hand-make cards for all occasions. I love crafting with my boy - it's such a great way to spend time together and it has lots of benefits!

Before the summer is over, have some fun crafting with your kids!

PS...there is a BIG End-of-Summer Sale going on at Creative Memories right now...up to 40% off on almost everything! You can shop until Monday August 27th on my website, but hurry as lots of the "While Supplies Last" items are selling out! Happy Shopping! 

Comments

Popular Posts