52: Scraplift

Even for the most die-hard scrapbooker, sometimes the creative juices just aren't flowing and you need a little inspiration to get you going, right? I love sharing inspiration with you, so I want to share a video I came across via the Scrapbook and Cards Today website.

If you don't know this publication, check it out. It's a professionally edited magazine, published four times a year and you can view it FREE online! There are lots of great ideas, and the benefit to it being an online publication is that there are lots of added features. Case in point, the "Create Today" series of videos showing you step-by-step how to put together layouts and/or cards. As I watched a few of them, I fell in love with the layout (based on a Becky Fleck Pagemap) and materials in this one hosted by Lynn Ghahary:



I really liked the weathered wood papers she was using, and I was reminded of some of the papers in CM's Rugged Power Palette. I knew I had a few photos of my hubby that I wanted to make a personality layout with, and I thought it would be a great combination. So, I scraplifted it - that is, I not only used the sketch from the video, but copied the feel of Lynn's final layout. Here's my take on her fabulous layout:



So your creative prompt for this week is to spend a little time watching some of the videos on the SBCT You Tube Channel (or whatever inspirational source you want - like a magazine etc.) and see if you fall in love with a project enough to scraplift it!

Have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts